Weekend fight proves deadly; three sex offenders sentenced

One man is in custody after a weekend dispute turned deadly.

Snead Police Department is conducting a death investigation after a fight at a residence in the Wynnville Community Saturday evening.

According to Snead Police chief Phillip Weaver, Blount dispatch received a call at approximately 8 o’clock Saturday reporting two males fighting at a residence. When officers arrived, one man was found unconscious and the other man had fled the scene on foot.

The victim was transported to St. Vincent’s Blount and then airlifted to UAB Hospital where he died the next day.

The suspect that fled the scene was captured and is being held without bond at the Blount County Correctional Facility. Papineau sentenced

Anthony Papineau, 44, of Warrior, was given sentences of 40 years for first degree sodomy and 10 years for first degree sexual abuse in a case involving years of abuse almost “on a daily basis,” according to Blount County District Attorney Pamela Casey.

Papineau, who was arrested in Utah last year, was sentenced by Blount County Circuit Court Judge Steven King. The sentences are to run concurrently. Two more plead guilty

Two other sex abuse cases have ended with guilty pleas.

Christopher Teachworth, 27, of Locust Fork, pleaded guilty to first degree burglary and two counts of first degree sexual abuse.

He was sentenced to 15 years on the burglary charge and 10 years on each count of sexual abuse for breaking into a family member’s home and inappropriately touching the children in the home.

Steven Carl Ray, 49, of Clanton, pleaded guilty to attempted sodomy and attempted production of child pornography.

He was accused of attempting to have sexual relations with a 10-year-old Blountsville girl in 2007. He received 10 years for each crime.

Ray was also convicted in federal court in 2010 for the same crime and was sentenced to 15 years in federal prison.

Casey prosecuted the case during her time at the attorney general’s office and assisted with the prosecution with the U.S. attorney’s office in Montgomery.