The Blount County Board of Education met last week and approved all of Superintendent Rodney Green’s recommendations for the period. It approved:
• Barry Michael Scott as a non-compensated volunteer at J.B. Pennington High School for the 2019-2020 school year.
• Blount County Board of Education’s agreement with Behavioral One LLC for fiscal year 2019-2020
• extending Nancy Bradford’s leave of absence through Dec. 20.
• Brandi Rich as a substitute for Blount County schools, effective Nov. 19.
• accepting the following resignations: David W. Cochran, school bus driver for Hayden schools, effective Dec. 20; Lindsey Johnson, teacher at Hayden Primary School, effective Dec. 1 (retirement); Wayne Murphy, teacher at J.B. Pennington High School, effective Jan. 1, 2020 (retirement); Stephen Wight, band director at Susan Moore High school, effective Dec. 20.
All members of the board were present for the meeting.