Pine Bluff Water Authority announced yesterday it is requesting customers to observe voluntary water reduction measures, according to general manager Kim Vaughn and water supervisor Chris McDowell. ‘We pull a good bit of our water from Birmingham Water Works,’ McDowell said, ‘and they have gone to Stage 4 emergency restrictions. So we’d like our customers to observe Stage 2.’
Stage 2 entails:
• voluntary conservation measures
• two-day odd/even outdoor watering; no watering between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m; no watering on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays
• new lawns/landscaping exempt from day-of-week watering for first 30 days after installation
• golf courses stagger watering of front nine holes on Mondays and Thursdays; back nine holes on Tuesdays and Fridays
• exemptions made for select commercial outdoor users
Call 681-8871 for more information.