While new hires comprised the majority of Oneonta City Board of Education’s meeting Monday afternoon, the board also addressed several other important matters. The board recommended and approved a 2 percent pay increase for the school’s chief financial officer Kathy Loggins as well as an annual compensation of $135,000 for OCS superintendent Daniel Smith.
Also, the board accepted the resignation of board member Steve Anderton. Anderton was first elected to the board in 2014 and re-elected in 2018.
“We appreciate his service to the board as well as the time and effort he put into this school system,” said board member Don Maples. “With his work schedule, it’s become increasingly harder for him to continue to serve. I thank him for all he’s done for Oneonta City Schools.”
Smith also praised Anderton. “I would also like to thank Mr. Anderton not only for his service to the board, but also for his service to the school and the community. His love for both has always been apparent.”
The board will now appoint a replacement to finish out the remainder of Anderton’s term, which ends in 2022.
In other business, the board voted on the superintendent’s recommendations. It approved: Resignations
• Cory Glasscock, OHS social science teacher.
• David Stanford, OMS/OHS PE teacher and softball coach.
• Karen Clark, OES gifted teacher.
• Ashley Clift, OES teacher.
• Nancy Barnett, Sharon Blackwood, and Cheryl Phillips, part time elementary instructional/intervention teachers.
• John Micah Whited, OMS PE teacher.
• Adam Tekulve, OHS social science teacher.
• Hannah Chapman, literacy/intervention teacher for OMS and OHS.
• Amanda Tidmore, special education teacher aide.
• Alicia Glenn, elementary PE teacher aide.
• Whitney Vise and Jennifer Mashburn, child nutrition program.
• Krystal Hall, long term substitute for OES teacher Mallory Lamb’s maternity leave, Aug. 10 to Oct. 29.
• principal contract with Cynthia Leigha Rogers, July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2024.
• Kylie Wilson and Alicia Glenn, OES clerical position during Summer Reading Camp.
• Jalen Johnson, varsity football volunteer coach for 2021-2022 school year.
• tenure for OES certified employees Carol Kenyon and Sarah Whitley and OHS certified employees Bethany Franklin, Sharon Ray, Kateland Sibert, and Jake Thomas.
• non-probationary status for child nutrition program classified employees Beth Longshore and Annette Wilson.
• OES school picture proposal from Joe M Photo for 2021-2022 school year.
• facility use agreement for Joy Baptist Church on Sunday, Aug. 15.
• baseball field project by Coston General Contractors change order request 10 for repairs to one light pole and field drainage repair in the amount of $50,377.73; and change order request 11 for removal and replacement of unstable soils in the outfield for the amount of $132,260.
• bid for asphalt paving project for OCS parking lot and driveways to Massey Asphalt Paving, LLC for base bid of $200,167.24 and $10,675 for stop blocks for the parking areas.
• budget amendment #2 for FY2021.
• OCS salary and supplement schedules for 2021-2022 scholastic year.
• enrollment of 31 non-resident OES students and three non-resident OHS students for 2021-2022 school year.
• continued enrollment of two non-resident OES students; one non-resident OMS student; and two non-resident OHS students with one on probationary status for 2021-2022 school year.
• placement of 10 non-resident OES students, four non-resident OMS students, and one OHS student on probation status for first semester of 2021-2022 school year.
• revoke non-resident student privilege for one OHS student for 2021-2022 school year.
The Oneonta City School board will hold its next meeting at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 14, in the high school library.