Blountsville Town Council met Dec. 20. All members were present. Motions approved were:
• resignation of Park Board member Johnny Nations.
• Linda Chambers as new Park Board member.
• Christmas tree purchase in the amount of $754.95.
• halt hiring new employees and hold part-time employees to 20 hours a week (with the exception of police department employees) until a new budget is complete.
• Industrial Board opening a checking account with two-party verification. John Michael will sign as president and treasurer will be announced.
The council planned a work session for Dec. 28, at 9 a.m., thanked the Blountsville community for their help with angel tree and coat donations, and wished everyone a happy New Year.