Blountsville Town Council met Monday, Dec. 2. The council heard from Lori Criswell regarding the audit presentation for the fiscal year ending Sept. 20, 2018. She explained several of the major highlights in the packet. The motion was approved to accept the audit presentation.
In other business, the council approved:
• a motion to purchase a Blountsville Police Department vehicle and take it off draw line at People’s Bank.
• additional phone charges for Blountsville Fire Department members.
• employee vacation to carry over to calendar year 2020.
• resolutions for volunteer fire department to apply for grant and commit to matching funds if awarded.
• reappointing Laura Allison as safety coordinator for fiscal year 2019- 2020.
Also on the agenda was a presentation from Sand Mountain Pest Management, which will be discussed at a future council meeting.
In attendance were Mayor Michael Glass and council members Bob Cornelius, Cathy Irvin, Ken Mullins, and Barry Smith. Dennis Beavers was absent. The next town council meeting is Monday, Dec. 16, at 6 p.m.