The Blountsville Town Council met Monday, June 15. In attendance were Mayor Michael Glass and council members Dennis Beavers, Bob Cornelius, Cathy Irvin, Ken Mullins, and Barry Smith.
The council approved:
• appointment of O.K. Alexander as the town’s representative to the Blount County-Oneonta Chamber of Commerce board of directors.
• donation of $1,000 toward Spring Valley Beach’s upcoming fireworks show planned for Friday, July 3, at 9 p.m.
• purchase of a printer for the clerk’s office.
• seeking a grant for personal protection equipment.
In other business, the council:
• set a work session on July 6 to begin work on the budget for FY 2020/2021.
• announced that qualifying for the 2020 municipal election starts July 7 and ends July 21. Qualifying fee is $50 per candidate. Candidates sign up at Town Hall.
• agreed to discuss the Alabama Retired State Employees’ Association/ Alabama Public Employees’ Advocacy League at its next work session.
Mayor Glass announced that the American Legion barbecue is currently scheduled for Saturday, July 4.
The next Blountsville Town Council meeting is set for Monday, July 6, at 6 p.m.