The Blountsville Town Council met at its regularly scheduled meeting Monday, Nov. 18. They voted on nominations to fill three Blountsville Library board appointments. Diane Posey, Jane Wright, and Betty Alexander were nominated and approved to fill those positions. They also nominated and approved Sue Yancy to fill the part-time Blountsville Senior Center food delivery position.
The council noted that they are in compliance with Alabama Power regulations to begin hanging holiday attachment decorations.
In other business, the council approved:
• Alabama Power agreement for pole attachments for holiday decorations.
• municipal worker compensation fund — 2020 Safe Workplace Guidelines.
• Tree City USA Proclamation #001-2019.
• Resolution #2019-111801-R to declare a LX178 John Deere mower as surplus property.
• fire commissioner Sam Johnson to apply for fire department credit card.
• to pay expenses to mail letters regarding volunteer fire dues.
Before adjourning, James Black, president of Covered Bridge Auto Club, presented the fire department a $600 donation.
In attendance were Mayor Michael Glass and council members Bob Cornelius, Cathy Irvin, Ken Mullins, and Barry Smith. Dennis Beavers was absent. The next council meeting will be Monday, Dec. 2, at 6 p.m., at town hall.