Oneonta City Board of Education president Don Maples reported that contacts have been made with investment banks to request proposals for bond financing on behalf of the board for the city school system. He said responses will be evaluated when received and provided to the board. In other business, the board approved district operating recommendations of Superintendent Daniel Smith. It approved:
• an overnight camp for the varsity football team at Winfield High School, July 11-12.
• employment of David Stanford as district ELL/ESL teacher and high school head varsity softball coach for the 2019- 2020 school year.
• employment of Sandy Lambert as high school math teacher for the 2019- 2020 school year.
• employment of Morgan Green as high school music/chorus teacher for the 2019-2020 school year.
• employment of Kalle Killough as elementary school teacher for the 2019- 2020 school year.
• employment of Ashley Shelton as elementary school teacher for the 2019- 2020 school year.
• budget amendment #2 for the 2019 fiscal year having to do with transfer of spare funds from the Child Nutrition Program account to meet various district operating needs.
The board’s special meeting was Tuesday, June 11, with members Maples, Sharon Breaseale, Ricky Hicks, and Patrick Adams present. Board member Steve Anderton was absent.