The Oneonta City Board of Education approved Superintendent Daniel Smith’s recommendations last week as the system continues preparations for the fall school term beginning Aug. 9 for students. The board voted to approve:
• continued enrollment of one non-resident high school student for the 2018-2019 school year.
• accepting the resignation letter of Lexi Lynn, high school math teacher, effective immediately.
• the voluntary transfer of Jill Mintz from kindergarten to first grade for the coming school year.
• the voluntary transfer of Ramona Brewer from first grade to fourth grade for the coming school year.
• the employment of Kateland Sibert, high school math teacher, for the coming school year.
• the probationary contract for new high school principal Joseph Whited.
• the new job posting for a full-time child nutrition program worker for the coming school year.
• the middle school bid for photography services by Lifetouch for the coming school year.
The next scheduled meeting of the board is set for July 30 at 5:30.