The Blount County Schools Board of Education met Monday and approved a number of contracts and agreements, along with other routine matters involved in the district’s normal operations. It approved:
• the following field trips: Locust Fork High School and Southeastern School cheerleaders cheer camp at the UAB June 6-9; Susan Moore High School varsity girls basketball team camp in Fort Walton Beach June 8-12; Hayden Middle School 5th-, 6th-, and 7th-grade students trip to New York City.
• Kelly Walker and Cody Alldredge as non-compensated volunteers at Susan Moore High School for the 2018-2019 school year.
• the transfer of two students to the St. Clair County school system during the 2019-2020 school year, stipulating that the Blount County Board of Education assumes no liability in relation to the release.
• awarding the bid for a large, digital LED sign at the Blount County Career Technical Center to Stewart Signs with a bid of $21,499, to be paid from the Center’s “Simulated Work Place Grant.”
• Appalachian High School hosting a volleyball skills clinic May 1-3.
• the following contracts and agreements: Cleveland High School contracts with Mandy Lybrand Henderson and Briley Trammell to serve as judges for cheerleader tryouts; Hayden Elementary School contract with Debra McPherson to provide tier III reading intervention through May 23; Hayden Middle School contract with Untether LLC for instructional technology training on Sept. 16; J.B. Pennington and Locust Fork High School contracts with Walsworth Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 year publication; BCBOE contracts with Amy Hill (#HB18/19-015), Michelle Odom (#HB 18/19-016), and Linda Tidwell (#HB 19/19-012); BCBOE contract with the Department of Examiners of Public Accounts through March 11, 2020; BCBOE dual enrollment agreement with Bevill State Community College for the 2019-2020 academic year; BCBOE contracts with Willie Dean Gaines and Sandra Sorrow for the administration of PAR assessment during April and May 2019; BCBOE contract with Summer L. Sheridan for April and May 2019; BCBOE memorandum of agreement with Benchmark Education to ensure compliance with FERPA and overall privacy and security of data.
• granting the following leaves of absence: Taylor Johnson Love, a teacher at Hayden Elementary School, from May 6 to May 24; Meredith Moore, a teacher at Susan Moore Elementary School, from April 1 to May 24.
• the retirement resignation of Sandra Allinder Washington, a teacher at Hayden Middle School.