The Blount County Board of Education met Feb. 22 in special session and approved the operating recommendations of Superintendent Rodney Green. It approved:
• the following contracts and agreements: Blountsville Elementary School’s agreement with Walsworth Yearbooks for 2019 yearbook publication; Cleveland High School’s contracts with Amber Chesser, Charlie Martin, and Kathy Yates to serve as judges, Cate Ann Davis to serve as choreographer, and Kelly Doty to serve as photographer for the 2019 Miss Panther Profile Pageant; Locust Fork High School’s contracts with Faulkner Turf Management for a sports turf program during 2019, Amerson Events for the 2019 prom, Alivia Osorio to provide colorguard instruction for marching band auditions during the 2019 school year, and Michael Oden to serve as the 2019 softball and baseball concession stand supervisor; Susan Moore High School’s agreement with Loft 212 LLC for the 2019 prom venue.
• the following camps: Cleveland High School’s softball camp for kindergarten through sixth-grade girls on March 16; Locust Fork High School’s basketball camp May 28-31.
• the following volunteers for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year: James Patton (Appalachian School) and Mindy Horton (Cleveland High School).
• Kayla Duncan, RN, as substitute nurse for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year.
• accepting the following resignations: Robert Beard, resignation from all coaching duties at Appalachian School, effective Feb. 6; Christine Hunt, resignation from position of sports medicine instructor at the Blount County Career Technical Center, effective March 1.
• granting leaves of absence to the following employees: Jennifer Bowling, Troy Wayne Guin, Shelley Harper, and Lorna Rivera.