The Oneonta City Board of Education met in regular session Monday with a quorum of three of its five members present: Patrick Adams, Sharon Breaseale, and Ricky Hicks. Board president Don Maples and member Steve Anderton were absent.
The board approved monthly financial reports, along with Superintendent Daniel Smith’s operating recommendations for the period. It approved: Students
• the continued enrollment of one non-resident elementary school student and one non-resident high school student for the 2019-2020 school year. Personnel
• the resignation of Vance Proctor, Oneonta City Schools bus driver, effective Nov. 6.
• Krystal Hall as maternity leave substitute teacher for Vanna Thomas, replacing the previously approved substitute Tracy Rotenberry.
• Stephanie Gilliland as the outdoor track assistant coach for the 2019-2020 school year. Other
• declaring school bus 02-01 surplus.
• the facility use agreement with the Oneonta Police Department for March 28, 2020.
• the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 school calendars.
Superintendent Daniel Smith recognized board members Patrick Adams and Steve Anderton for obtaining Level 2 status with the Board Member Academy of the Alabama Association of School Boards (AASB), after completing required training. The board also voted unanimously to name the road running behind the school “Redskin Road.”
The board convened in executive session following the regular meeting and adjourned afterward without taking further action.