In a special meeting March 13, the Blount County Board of Education approved Superintendent Rodney Green’s operating recommendations for the period. It approved:
• trip to cheer camp in Foley for Susan Moore High School cheerleaders June 16-20.
• the following agreements and contracts: Board of Education contracts with Jennifer Leach, Gary and Julia Zimmerman, and extension of contract #HB18/19-11; Hayden Middle School contract with Cline Tours Inc. to transport 5th-grade students to and from Huntsville on May 1; Appalachian School contract with Cline Tours Inc. to transport
5th-grade students to and from Montgomery on April 23.
• allowing J.B. Pennington High School to host a youth girls basketball clinic on Wednesdays after school beginning March 13 and ending May 29.
• granting leaves of absence to the following employees: Ashton Bollen, Carolyn Fuller, Wendy McCollum (extension), and Paris Whitaker.
• the retirement resignation of Shelly Harper, effective April 1.
• Amy Hyatt, RN, as substitute school nurse during the 2018-2019 school year.
• employing Jon Mark Cooper Jr. as head varsity football coach and teacher at Appalachian School, beginning with the 2019-2020 school year.