The Oneonta City Schools Board of Education Monday approved Superintendent Daniel Smith’s operating recommendations for the period in a special meeting called for that purpose. It approved:
• the overnight trip for the high school Honor Choir and Show Choir to the Alabama Music Educators Association conference in Montgomery, Jan. 15-18.
• the continued enrollment of one elementary school non-resident student for the 2019-2020 school year.
• the enrollment of one high school non-resident student for the 2019-2020 school year.
• Abby Latta as substitute teacher for Angie Davidson’s leave of absence.
• Jackson Devaney as volunteer assistant baseball coach for the 2019- 2020 school year.
• the contract with Blackboard to provide Blackboard Web Community, Blackboard Mass Notifications, and Blackboard Mobile App services for $24,663.29 from June 1, 2020, through Sept. 20, 2021.
• the bid of $19,870 and awarding the scope of work to Modern Heating and Cooling Co. for replacing the heating, ventilation, and cooling equipment at the sports complex/ fieldhouse.
• awarding the base bid scope of work to Williford Orman Construction LLC with a construction contract in the amount of $2,228,234.90. The contract is for construction of a new bandroom and fine arts wing, and for renovations to the auxiliary gym and weight room.
Present at the meeting were board members Don Maples, Sharon Breaseale, Ricky Hicks, and Patrick Adams, along with Smith and staff members. Board member Steve Anderton was absent.