An Open Letter to 2021
So, here we are. We have all been looking forward to your arrival. I know you’re new here and are learning things as you go, but I have a few observations I would like to share with you:
1. We are typically a patient people, but your predecessor has left us a bit jaded, so tread lightly.
2. We now have a much higher bar in becoming “shocked” by something, so no funny business.
3. We have become accustomed to sitting at home, plotting, so don’t think we are push-overs.
4. Over cleaning and sanitizing is now part of our daily routine, so we know how to hide the evidence.
5. A large portion of us have lost taste and smell, so we aren’t worried about having to eat crow.
6. The minute you mess up, we will go to social media and blast you. You’ll never live it down.
7. We haven’t hugged someone in a while, so excuse our emotionally distant stares.
8. And finally, 2021, just don’t try to show out. I know you are technically the beginning of a new decade, but we are tired and cranky. Show us that not all new years are wolves in sheep’s clothing.
Until next time, I hope you find something new here in Blount County. It’s a good old place to call home.