The Oneonta City Board of Education approved routine recommendations of superintendent Daniel Smith at its business meeting last Thursday.
The Board acted on the following recommendations:
• enrollment of two elementary school non-resident students for the 2018-2019 school year
• accepted resignation of fourth-grade teacher Christy Weems, effective immediately
• accepted resignation of city schools mechanic/maintenance worker Jared Samples, effective July 13
• approved employment of Abigail Carnley as elementary school teacher for the 2018-2019 school year
• approved employment of Annette Wilson as Child Nutrition Program worker for the 2018-2019 school year
• approved list of elementary school volunteers for the 2018- 2019 school year
• approved the student handbook for the elementary, middle, and high schools for the 2018-2019 school year
• approved the Oneonta City Schools Chromebook policy for the 2018-2019 school year
•accepted the following Child Nutrition Program bids for 2018-2019: ice cream – Mayfield Dairy Farms, LLC milk – Dean Dairy Holdings/Barber Milk, LLC produce – Forestwood Farm, Inc. bread – Flowers Baking Company of Birmingham, LLC
• approved facility use agreement for Miss Covered Bridge scholarship pageant on Aug. 26.
Called meeting, July 2
In a special meeting Monday morning, the board approved employment of Joseph Whited as high school principal on a
12-month contract basis, effective July 2. Whited replaces former principal Lauren Wilson, who took a job as Oneonta City Schools academic accountability coordinator.
The board also approved two other superintendent recommendations:
• an overnight trip for middle school cheerleaders to attend camp at Auburn University July 16 through July 19
• an overnight trip for high school varisty cheerleaders at attend camp at Auburn University during the same period.