The Oneonta City Board of Education approved a one-time salary adjustment in the net amount of $150 per employee at its business meeting Monday. A quorum was present for the meeting, including board president Don Maples and members Ricky Hicks, Sharon Breaseale, and Patrick Adams. Board member Steve Anderton was absent.
The board approved all of Superintendent Daniel Smith’s recommendations for district operations. In addition to the employee bonus, it approved:
• the maternity leave request of first-grade teacher Jill Mintz.
• Heather Buzbee as maternity leave substitute for Jill Mintz.
• the facilities use agreement for the Fraternal Order of Police/ Oneonta Police Gospel Concert on March 16, 2019.
• permission to bid a tilting skillet braising pan and a pass-thru heated cabinet for the Child Nutrition Program (CNP), to be paid from the CNP account. Superintendent’s bullets on student successes
• Football: OHS will compete at Deshler in semi-final playoffs Friday, Nov. 30.
• Volleyball: area runner up; set for first round of super regionals; four players named all-area – Allie Higginbotham, Brooke Burke, Aileen Gonzalez, and Teagan Hartman.
• Band: performed at County Night of Bands and Covered Bridge Festival
• Swim: Ethan Adams and Anna Liz Miller qualified for state swim meet this weekend; at sectionals, Adams took first place in 50- and 100-meter freestyle and broke a sectional record in the 50-meter freestyle.
• Cross country: three students qualified to run individually at state: Ray Gonzalez, Jimena Espinoza, and Abbigail Marazzi.
• All-state choir: three students selected by judges to represent OHS at All-State Choir Festival in March – Troy Serena, Nick Shea, and Hannah Hyde.
• Varsity cheer: received one superior and two excellent ribbons at cheer camp; also won Herkie Award for team unity and learning; also three all-Americans – Jessica Beason, Taylor Woodard, and Taylor Rhea Atkinson; four all-American nominees – Macy McCombs, Maddy Chappelle, McKenzie Adams, and Camille Owens.
•Third grade: had their musical – Swamped!
• Fifth grade: musical A Party in a Pear Tree will be Thurs. Dec. 13 (evening), and Friday, Dec. 14 (morning).